Media Coordinator/Social Media Writer
College graduate greatly preferred but we can make exceptions for the right person.
We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible and very well-organized Media Coordinator for a full time office position. This will be someone who can wear lots of hats in the organization, requires strong computer/office skills and has impeccable grammar/writing abilities. Most time will be spent in the office working on detailed projects, and communicating with customers.
The ideal candidate is someone excited to be working in the media and advertising field and someone who is looking forward to learning new skills! The most important element of the job will be learning the systems we use and keeping track of communication from customers. Most of your communication will be via email but you will be speaking with and occasionally meeting with customers as well.
- Fulltime (40 hours/week) small office environment Monday – Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM
- Hour long unpaid lunch break
- Accrued paid vacation time
- Accrued paid sick time
- Located in Reno
- No medical benefits at this time
- Entry level starting pay with room to grow based on performance
- Periodic evaluations for potential pay increases
- Non-smoking facility
- Researching and understanding our customers in order to write appropriate social media posts and post them on their behalf
- Monitoring social media to make sure posts are going out properly and getting back to customers in a timely manner regarding new reviews or concerns
- Answering emails and phone calls in the office during business hours
- Putting together Powerpoint presentations for our sales staff that include recommendations of service (we will be training you on this). We run business audits for sales personnel so you will be analyzing their website using various tools, looking at their social media and then making recommendations on new service.
- Compiling month end reports regarding social media, advertising campaigns and web traffic and sending them out to customers
- Properly setting up social media accounts for customers
- Using Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator) to choose imagery and cropping images to use for social media setup and web design purposes (we will be training you on this)
- Occasionally meeting with customers or sales personnel in person to explain our services, clarify services, take pictures at a location, or be involved in sales meetings (you won’t be responsible for selling, just assisting as the expert)
- Making content changes to websites using the WordPress CMS platform (we will be training you on this)
ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES for this position:
- Responsible; you will be in the office during business hours every weekday and are expected to always adhere to your schedule.
- Impeccable grammar and writing skills (we will be asking for samples)
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong knowledge of basic Windows-based computer skills (how to copy/paste files, create new folders, select all, etc.)
- Typing skills of at least 35WPM
- Very well organized (we absolutely cannot miss communications or fail to respond to them). This is INCREDIBLY important
- The ability to self-manage your time effectively without specific direction (we don’t want to micromanage your time)
- The ability to learn new systems and skills
- General knowledge of facebook, twitter, Google+ and YouTube
Additional beneficial skills
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, AI, Dreamweaver, Premier)
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS web building platforms
- General knowledge of CPANEL and WHM
- Experience with social media aggregate platforms
- Experience with general graphic design work
- Experience with photography and basic understanding of photography terms
- Technical understanding of networking and computer components
- Experience with email/newsletter design
Interested applicants must send a resume AND cover letter specifically addressing why this position is right for you!