Media Coordinator – Content Developer/Social Media Writer
College graduate greatly preferred but we can make exceptions for the right person.
We are looking for a highly motivated, responsible and very well-organized Media Coordinator for a full time office position. This will be someone who can wear lots of hats in the organization, requires strong computer/office skills and has impeccable grammar/writing abilities. Most time will be spent in the office working with our customers to develop social media and blog content, posting said content online and managing social media accounts.
The ideal candidate is someone excited to be working in the media and advertising field, someone who can write and develop daily written content and someone who is looking forward to learning new skills! The most important element of the job will be learning the systems we use and keeping track of communication from customers while developing written content for their social media accounts and blogs for their websites.
- Fulltime (40 hours/week) small office environment Monday – Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM
- Hour long unpaid lunch break
- Accrued paid vacation time
- Accrued paid sick time
- Located in Reno
- Health Care Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Entry level starting pay with room to grow based on performance
- Periodic evaluations for potential pay increases
- Non-smoking facility
- Researching and understanding our customers in order to write appropriate social media posts and blogs and then post them on their behalf
- Monitoring social media to make sure posts are going out properly and getting back to customers in a timely manner regarding new reviews or concerns
- Properly setting up new social media accounts
- Answering emails and phone calls in the office during business hours
- Compiling month end reports regarding social media, advertising campaigns and web traffic and sending them out to customers
- Using Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator) to choose imagery and cropping images to use for social media setup and web design purposes (we will be training you on this)
- Uploading blog content to websites using the WordPress CMS platform (we will be training you on this)
ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES for this position:
- Impeccable grammar and writing skills (we will be asking for samples)
- Typing skills of at least 35WPM
- Responsible; you will be in the office during business hours every weekday and are expected to always adhere to your schedule.
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong knowledge of basic Windows-based computer skills (how to copy/paste files, create new folders, select all, etc.)
- Very well organized (we absolutely cannot miss communications or fail to respond to them). This is INCREDIBLY important
- The ability to self-manage your time effectively with minimal supervision
- The ability to learn new systems and skills
- General knowledge of facebook, twitter and YouTube
Additional beneficial skills
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, AI, Dreamweaver, Premier)
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS web building platforms
- Experience with social media aggregate platforms
- Experience with general graphic design work
- Experience with photography and basic understanding of photography terms
- Experience with email/newsletter design
Interested applicants must send a resume AND cover letter specifically addressing why this position is right for you! Please also attach writing samples.